Monday, May 01, 2006

Oy

Been sorta sick lately. Nothing serious, just a bit of a cold I guess. Still, not feeling up to par when I should be focusing on exams isn't great. Makes my ability to concentrate even more difficult. I'll just be glad when it's all over this Friday.

Had my first exam this past Friday. Not sure how I did. Pretty sure I didn't fail, but on the other hand I know I could have done a lot better. Studying will do you little good if you haven't been paying attention all year (i.e. my Film Theory course), but it sure can help turn a C on an exam into a B for instance. Hopefully I can get cracking on my two English exams and turn in a respectable showing.

Weekend turned out okay, I suppose. Friday night I went out with my old pal Marty Boy. He treated me to a few drinks, seeing as it was my birthday. Like I said before, he never forgets. He's a good kid. Saturday night, despite the fact I really wasn't feeling that well, I went out with this girl. I gave her a ride home a few days prior (she was stranded somewhere) and then she invited me out for Saturday. Strange, seeing as I haven't seen her since, well, September. We chatted on the old MSN since, but never hung out. Maybe I have a new friend, I don't know. It'd be nice. She seems like a very nice, intelligent young lady. She's also rather pretty and she just broke up with her boyfriend of two years. But I just don't know if she's 'my type', for whatever reason. At the bar we went to, I found myself more interested in one of her friends (who was rather friendly to me, at least more so than most ladies are). The friend insisted on giving me a hug at the end of the night, as well as asking for my MSN. I should have given it to her personally, but I made what may have been a mistake by telling my friend to give it to her. It was 3:00 AM and I wasn't thinking. If my friend forgets to do so, I might have to inquire about it myself. Or maybe I go out with them again and save having to do that. We'll see.

Sunday night, went to Cantina Mexicana for another birthday dinner, this time with my dad and sister, as opposed to the one with my mom and sister. I truly hate the fact that I have to do the two separate family things, despite the fact that both of my parents still live in the same house. It's just so damned awkward and not at all a fun situation. The food was good though. I highly recommend it.

That's it for now. I really should try and do at least some studying tonight. Tomorrow I'm meeting Cute Red Head to attempt to study for this Film Theory exam, which both of us are in danger of bombing. Sadly, she'll never be more than a casual school related acquaintance and I'll be surprised if I ever see her again after the exam this Thursday. She's switching over to Ryerson University next year and while I realize that it's in the same city, I don't think she'll make any effort to stay in touch and I'm rather tired of being the person who makes all attempts at maintaining communication in a given relationship. It needn't be even, but it has to go both ways. There are too many people that I'm constantly contacting and never getting a response from or those that make responding seem like a bloody chore. I deserve to be treated nicely, don't I?

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

You absolutely do deserve to be treated nicely.

May 01, 2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks. But I don't think that most people see it that way, judging from the number of friends that I have.

May 02, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Beauty Marks said...

Quality over quantity...

May 03, 2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker