Friday, April 07, 2006

A long overdue update on my life

Spent half the day playing phone-tag with my insurance broker trying to get all my car insurance shit sorted out. Baring anything unforeseen popping up I should be insured by Wednesday and have plates on the car by the end of next week. So all should be ready to go before too long, I pray. I really can't wait to be back on the road, even if I don't have any place special to go. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find somewhere to go, something to do, someone to see.

Last week of classes this upcoming week, which is a relief. I'm amazed I made it through another year. One big test on Monday to study for and one final essay that needs to be done for the same day. After that, it's all gravy, at least until exams. At any rate, the end is in sight. Again, I can't believe I'm still here. I'm really too old for this school shit. Baseball has finally returned. It's been gone too long. The NFL does create a decent 17-week (plus playoffs) diversion, but I really do live for baseball season. The Jays have a great team this year, I can just feel it. I know it's early on, but I'm really liking their chances. We've got the best pitcher in baseball in Roy Halladay and a very solid rotation working behind him, provided A.J. Burnett stays healthy. Upgrades at First, Third and Catcher are looking good, plus I really like what I see from B.J. Ryan so far. Again, it's less than a week in, but having an automatic closer will be huge. Plus I'm looking from a big breakout year from Alex Rios. The Maple Leafs won't make the playoffs and I honestly couldn't give a shit. Hockey is boring. There, I said it. I'm a Canadian who find hockey immensely dull and lives for baseball. I'm different, so what? Anyways, I have to find people to hit up some games with me this year. I only went to maybe a couple last year and I hope to take in as many as possible this year. Who's with me? Anyone? I'll buy you a beer!

So with the car almost ready to go, school ending and baseball season starting, I've come to one conclusion: I need a girlfriend. I haven't been thinking girls ever since my last car was taken away, but now it's definitely on my mind. I need to get something going. But where do I look, what do I do? I really don't want to go back to the internet dating thing; I'll only consider it as a last resort. So if anyone has any tips, please don't hesitate to share. Or if anyone knows anyone they'd like to set me up with, that'd be even better...

1 Comments:

Blogger Beauty Marks said...

Hey King Kippo, glad to hear things are starting to get back on track. Having a car must really be a huge sigh of relief. Good luck with the dating life, hopefully something works out for you in that respect as well.

April 10, 2006 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker