Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My lousy weekend or Why all women are mean and out to get me

I really should be doing some studying right about now. Have an exam Friday at 9:00 in the morning, Film History. Nothing really too intense. I should be fine, so long as I actually study. Perhaps after this.

Nothing very exciting to report otherwise, except for my crap-tacular Friday night. You see, as I reported in the last post, I was invited to a house party. Seeing as I barely knew the person who invited me and would not know anyone else there, I was a bit hesitant in attending. I asked a few people their opinions on whether or not I should attend and one of the people I asked (a co-worker of mine) offered to go with me, if I wanted. I was happy to have her along, it would likely make things a bit easier. She would meet me after work (at work) and we'd drive on down to this party.

So 9:00 PM rolls around and she's not there yet. So I wait. People are late sometimes, it happens. I wait a little more. Around 9:15 I call her cell phone. It goes straight to message, so I leave one, asking her where she is. I continue to wait...I wait for 45 minutes and still nothing. I've tried calling a few more times and still the phone isn't on. I'm getting worried at this point (as is my nature). I drive home, to see if I can find her home number. I do and call. It just keeps ringing. I get more worried. Maybe something has happened to her, I don't know. So I don't end up going to this party. My thoughts are now alternating between worry and anger. I don't want to be a jerk and just be thinking angry thoughts when it's possible she was in some sort of accident or God knows what. But then I start to think more realistically. What are the odds something happened to her? Pretty slim. The odds that I was stood up? Far more likely.

So might night is ruined. I actually rather looked forward to going to this thing, seeing as I am never invited to parties. But after the whole calling, worrying, then getting upset about it, I just wasn't in the mood to go anymore. I probably should have, but I was in such a foul mood, I doubt I would have had a good time.

So she finally leaves a message on my phone Monday morning. Of course nothing bad has happened to her. She took a nap and never woke up from it. Plus her phone must have died, so she says. I sort of figured that's what happened. Her message said she felt really bad, couldn't gather up the nerve to call me until then, etc. But no matter how you look at it, I got stood up. No one likes that, it's a terrible feeling.

Anyhow, it's just something that seems to happen with me a lot. Women always seem to be screwing me over one way or another. I was going to make a huge list and go over all the various things that have happened to me in the last little while in regards to various women not returning phone or emails, standing me up, treating me like dirt and just breaking promises in general. But I don't feel like doing that right now. Maybe I will in the future. But for now, I'm just too frustrated. And it would just get me more worked up. It really is a wonder I'm not a misogynist by now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amberly said...

But, to look on the bright side, at least you were accidentally stood you up instead of purposely stood up. I was purposely stood up once. I found out later that the person made up some excuse that I believed, then I heard the truth from someone else later. It's a shitty feeling.

April 27, 2006 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker