Thursday, April 20, 2006

I am a tad crazy, I will admit

Shit ya'll, I rarely update this thing much anymore, do I? Not like I really have a lot going on that prevents me from doing so. Classes ended last week and I really haven't done much since then. Did some family shit for Easter on Saturday, then hung out with my good pal 'Beer' (one of my favourite people, I must say), but other than that, not too much. To tell you the truth, I've been largely bored out of my mind. Mostly playing video games and watching television. I really should start studying for the exams, but what can I say, I'm lazy. But, the bottom line is, there's no excuse for not updating this thing. I don't really have anything exciting to say, so I'll just go with some random thoughts for now.

-I've been invited to a sort of anti-house warming party tomorrow night (a house leaving, I guess). It's the same young lady who invited me to the karaoke thing a while back. Instead of hemming and hawing about it, I'm not going to think too much about it and just go. I still don't know her very well and I won't know anyone there, but whatever. I'm dragging a co-worker along with me (she actually volunteered to go) and if I'm not having fun, I can leave. That's the nice thing about having a car. I'll try to have fun, but no promises. Still, this will be my first house party in literally years, so it's worth at least giving it a shot.

-I really bite my nails a lot. I don't know if it's nerves or habit or what. But I truly need to stop. It's disgusting and unattractive. But I don't think I can stop. I could sooner quit smoking than quit this, I kid you not.

-Speaking of smoking, come June 1st, the entire province of Ontario will be entirely smoke-free. Yup, there will be practically no exemptions to where one can smoke indoors. Not even separately ventilated smoking rooms will be good enough. Does anyone else find this to be entirely draconian and fascist? Yes, I am a smoker of both cigars and cigarettes, but I'm also a reasonable adult. I would NEVER smoke around a child or someone who objected to it. I'm glad that they have separate smoking rooms. I think it's a good idea. I for one would never want to expose someone to my second-hand smoke who doesn't want it. But at the same time, this is about freedom; this is about my rights as a smoker, my rights as a human being to use a product that is still legal, last time I checked. If you don't want to be exposed to my second-hand smoke, don't enter the smoking room. It's that simple. Let those establishments that wish to cater to smokers do so and those that don't can do so. If this place wants to allow smoking in a separate room, allow them to do so. If another doesn't, so be it. Post warnings, make people aware of the risks they're taking by entering a smoking area, have them sign a waver for God's sake. Similarly, if someone doesn't want to work in an environment that contains smoke, they simply don't have to. Work outside that section or in another place. Make clear that the establishment permits smoking during the hiring process, whatever. Smoking is bad for your health. I get it. But I smoke because I choose to. I don't care to be treated like a second-class citizen or like some pariah, banished outside when I want to light up. This is an issue of freedom and rights, something that I'll be losing on June 1st.

-Am I the only person who thinks that we (okay, the United States) should bomb Iran and soon? I also thought that the U.S. should invade Venezuela and overthrow the dangerous dictator, the 'democratically elected' Hugo Chavez. I still think they should. Really, if it were up to me, the United States would invade / bomb every country that is even remotely unfriendly towards western interests. Man, I really am a right-wing nut-job, aren't I? At least I admit it. Manifest Destiny, baby!

That's it from me, time to light up a big cigar and read some Ann Coulter. Have fun boys and girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker