Saturday, May 20, 2006

Ah, that Queen Victoria

Oh goody, another long weekend is upon us...I can't recall the last long weekend that I actually went away somewhere and had fun. As far as I can remember, the last one of note was the Canada Day long weekend that I trekked up to Montreal a few years back...2002, I think it was. If Beer or D-Rock are reading this, they might know. But that sounds about right. Took the train up, met up with those two fellows, plus a few other folks including Hannah...I miss her, she was always a fun kid. Ah, those were the days. Hung around the city, took in the jazz festival. Saw a great fireworks display, set to the strains of "Come Sail Away" by Styx. Good times, good company. Oh how I long for the past. Well, those days are gone forever. What can you do?

Sadly nothing fun planned this weekend, not a big shock. The weather has been pretty shitty this past week, so it's not like I'd be hitting the beach even if I did have anyone to go with. Do have a date tonight though...my first one in ages. Yeah, another internet person. I promised myself I wouldn't go back to that route, but I really don't know where else to go, where else to look. I've had the best luck with it, so I guess I shouldn't abandon it entirely. Still, I wish I didn't have to lean on it so heavily. It really is my only avenue right now. One of these days I'll have the courage to just go up to a woman and start talking to her. I'm not there just yet, but I do feel I'm closer than ever before, if that counts for anything. I just need to keep believing. Having people to go out with would certainly make that easier. I do miss having D-Rock around. I could really use a partner in crime. Hopefully something will pan out. Maybe even the one I'm seeing tonight. One never knows.

So that's it from me, hope all the kind people reading this have a fun long weekend, what with camping and barbecues and all that. Anyone want to throw an invite my way? I'll bring beer and cigars! Plus I promise not to be such a downer. I'm a lot better now, honest! If not, I guess it'll just be me and Bobo hanging out in my backyard. I guess I could do worse than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker