Sunday, July 30, 2006

Not too happy with the fairer sex right now

I am in an exquisite amount of pain right now. My arms, my back, my chest and my neck are all incredibly stiff right now. My legs are probably the only major part of my body not affected by the aches. You see, I decided to hit the gym on Thursday night and I think I probably over did it in my first session. I can scarcely move right now. I'm also exhausted as I was in so much pain that I wasn't able to sleep very well last night. I guess I should have eased myself into this. I'll take it slower from now on.

My anger and bitterness continues unabated. I don't know why I thought of this, but what I've really come to despise is girls complaining to me about their many relationship issues.

"My boyfriend cheated on me"

"He's really controlling, possessive and jealous"

"I had to call the cops on him"

"He's a bum, doesn't work and mooches money off of me"


You name it and I've probably heard it at some point. It's like I'm a gay best friend or something. To be fair, I really didn't mind listening to people for the longest time. I'm a good listener, I like to listen. But I have gotten so sick of any or all of the above and am beginning to have no sympathy, as heartless as that may sound. You see, with the exception of few very brief stretches in my life, I have no one. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm a decent fellow, more importantly one who has always respected and treated women well. Maybe it's because I have a good relationship with my mother, who knows. It's not important. What irks me to no end is that they complain and yet go back to the jerk that caused the police to be called. And I sit alone, unloved and unwanted. Am I condemning an entire gender unfairly? Perhaps, but only after being ignored for so very long, to the point where it's no longer bearable. So forgive me if I'm no longer able to have much sympathy for you if your boyfriend is jealous or unappreciative or even abusive. And I've always been a very sympathetic / empathetic person. But my bitterness has finally overwhelmed that sympathy. I can't promise that I would make a perfect boyfriend to anyone, but I do know that I'd never intentionally hurt someone I was with, make them feel unwanted or unappreciated or take advantage of them. And trust me, you'd never have to call 911 on me. But I guess that's not what women want. So they can go cry to someone else from now on when their relationship falls to hell.

I don't want to have to think like this, to be like this. It's not me, I don't like it. But I'm also so sick of being ignored. You get to a point and it's not easy to keep such thoughts out of your head. I hear all the various lousy things guys do to girls and know deep down in my heart that I would be sick to my stomach if I ever did that. Please also note that of course I'm not condemning all men here either. I've just heard a lot of complaints, that's all. And it always ends with them saying "...but I love him". In that case I'm very happy for the two of you and the many tears that he makes you cry, the money he sucks out of your bank account and all the other shit he puts you through. Don't complain to a decent fellow who has been completely ignored by your sex for the last 25 years. Thank you.

I was going to write about a couple of other things, but this post has gone on longer than I expected it to. So I suppose I'll save them for another time. Despite my anger and bitterness, I do sincerely wish a pleasant day to all those reading this, even if I’m home alone this Saturday night, heavily medicated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hippo,

Remember, no matter how bad it gets, things could always get worse. You could be Mel Gibson.

(heart) Dosi

August 01, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

It's hell being Mel.

August 01, 2006 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poor bastard. Let this be a lesson to all you kiddies out there:

Do not get drunk, go driving almost double the speed limit, get pulled over, tell off the Cops, tell off the Jewish Community, then call female cops "Sugar Tits".

My favourite part of this story is that when I tell my friends about it, they are more shocked by the "Sugar Tits" than they are about the fact that he openly stated that the "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world". Typical racist indifference.

(heart) Dosi

August 02, 2006 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker