Monday, September 04, 2006

Rest in peace Steve and God bless

I normally don't write on the passing of various well-know people, after all many pass away all the time and there's so little blog real estate. But I was shocked and deeply saddened early this morning to read about the death of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin. It's rather late and I truly do need to go to bed, but I really wanted to pay at least some small tribute to a man who did a lot of good raising awareness about the need for wildlife conservation and the plight of many endangered species. Steve also did so in what I always found to be an entertaining manner, with a smile on his face and had a genuine love for animals and the work he did with them that could not be faked. My heart goes out to his wife and his two young children, as well as animal lovers all over the world who are so much poorer for having lost him at such a young age.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amberly said...

Good job. I got misty eyed when I heard this on the news this morning.

September 05, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I got a bit upset myself, I must admit. Again, famous people die all the time, but I was really a fan of Steve's and all the great things he did. For sure I always enjoyed his antics, but more than that he did so much good on this earth raising awareness for the plight of wildlife conservation. He will be greatly missed.

September 06, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Amberly said...

And he had such a passion for what he did! You could tell that he really loved what he was doing in life.

September 07, 2006 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker