Monday, October 16, 2006

And I'll bet most of you thought he was dead.

But no.

That isn't the case.

He is back and in a big way.




















After more than 20 years in the music / comedy business, "Weird Al" Yankovic has scored his first ever Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 with "White & Nerdy", a parody of "Ridin'" by Chamillionaire. I'll bet most of you thought that nothing would ever top masterpieces like "Eat It" or "Amish Paradise". Does this track? I don't know, but I do think it's pretty damned good. Give it a listen over at Al's Myspace. Sadly enough, this is probably the closest thing to rap music that I listen to, which probably makes me rather...well, you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Sadly, this was the first CD I've bought in the better part of a year.

I'm so out of touch with recent music that I couldn't tell which songs were parodies and which were original.

The disk I bought included cartoon videos on one side. The animation for "Don't Download This Song" was worth the price of the CD.

My only complaint is that I still think he looked better with glasses.

October 21, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I agree with your last point.

October 21, 2006 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker