Thursday, May 22, 2008

I whistled that theme song all day for nothing

So just a few quick thoughts before I continue my epic movie list (which I hope everyone is enjoying). I worked all day today at the lousy Rona Home and Garden (from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM) and I really do need to find real work quick. I just can't do this shit anymore, it ain't for me. Perhaps some people are content with being a retail peon, but I'm just not one of them.

Plus it's officially over between me and hot paint department girl (though it was never on). I elbow my favorite co-worker (who is a wholly decent fellow around my age and the person I'm most chummy with) when I saw some woman who looked really hot from behind. Lo and behold, it was her! She was not in her work clothes, wearing very flattering jeans and her hair was dyed another colour (also very flattering). So a few minutes later a few people including myself, her and my buddy are chatting about things and of course her new hair comes up! So I use this as an in and joke to her "Yeah, I didn't recognize you at all, in fact I just said to (dude) 'check out that hot girl over there'". Nada, nothing. I thought it was sort of a cute thing to say, but I got nothing. I'm not surprised. So now that I know that she couldn't care less if I were dead or alive is to instead repulse her so much, to the point of a potential sexual harassment lawsuit. At least having her hate me is something, right? Okay perhaps not.

On a similar note, I was downtown today (indeed for the first time since school ended) while waiting for my chums to show up before we grabbed a beer and then went off to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'm not sure if I'd never noticed or plain forgotten how many REALLY hot girls there are in downtown Toronto. I'm sure I have noticed but probably chosen to put it out of my mind. Anyways I was standing on the corner in Yorkville for perhaps all of ten minutes and saw like twenty REALLY attractive women walk by. I don't mean just good looking chicks, I mean REALLY hot, like wow hot. And I can pretty safely say that none of them were looking at me and none of them ever will be. Every time one walks by, I die just a little.

Finally, Indy 4 will most certainly not be a late addition to my list. I really don't even feel like reviewing it. In hind sight it's certainly not a truly awful movie, but it was pretty bad. There were some nice little moments and a few parts when I was trying really hard to enjoy it, but I just couldn't. I don't recall a single moment that I really felt any excitement though there were more than a few when I was just shaking my head. The cast tries real hard, although Cate Blanchett and her horrid wig are less than convincing. Harrison Ford and Karen Allen do have some really cute moments (I've always liked her), but the script is just an unholy mess. 19 years to write this garbage? Simply awful. Like Natmac said, 19 minutes on acid could have produced better and that's not far off the mark.

So with that I will return to work on part two of the list. Be back in a bit folks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Natmac said...

perhaps 'paint girl' was having an off day or something.

on indy 4, the only thing that i now believe the film is good for is to answer the following question:

what ever happened to indiana jones after 'the last crusade'?

the answer: he saw an alien.

the end.

May 23, 2008 9:20 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks, but somehow I don't think so. Despite my clumsy attempts, I've never been able to build up any sort of rapport with her and this pretty much confirms my suspicions that anything would be a huge waste of time (and a colossal embarrassment).

Besides I think everyone knows that I have a massive crush on her and it's quite likely she's gotten wind of it, with her feelings on the subject being mass indifference.

And yeah, that pretty much sums it up about Indy. I have no qualms about ruining the 'plot' to anyone.

May 23, 2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

She might have just been caught off guard and didn't know what to say. It doesn't mean she finds you repulsive by any means.

May 27, 2008 9:37 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Possibly, but I still don't see much hope there. Oh well.

May 27, 2008 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no maybe about it, no hot girl will ever want to be with you... you are chunky. You spend far too much time watching movies and writing about it on this lame excuse for a blog. Please change your life now!!! it's not too late. And join a gym. You look a bit chunky on your picture. This is someone you know...

June 06, 2008 6:02 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

No, this is not someone I know. It's a very sad little freak with way too much time on his hands. I may be a lot of things, but chunky isn't one of them.

June 06, 2008 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O how wrong you are, son. Icarus would roll over in his grave to know that a chubby troll like you has taken on his namesake.

June 10, 2008 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker