Sunday, November 05, 2006

Maybe this post will get 30 comments! Well, probably not.

Dear Lord, I really can't believe how far that last post went. I suspected I might get a few comments on it, but 29 of them? Craziness. But it looks like it has finally run its course, so I might as well post something else. Sound good? Lovely.

So Friday night after work, I drove way the hell out to Girly’s house. I really wanted to see the Borat movie and this is a great excuse to see her again. Sadly, the movie was sold the hell out for the rest of the night, so we had to come up with a Plan 'B'. I didn't really know what to suggest (well, besides THAT), seeing as she lives way the hell at the other end of the city and I don't know what is around her area. So eventually we settled on Billiards (woot!) at some local little place. So we're playing (neither of us is really that good) and things are going well. Lots of positive physical contact, stuff like that. So as we’re playing, she makes some mention of how the waitress is paying no attention to her and all to me (i.e. asking ME if I want another drink etc.). She says that the waitress probably “likes” me and I just shrug it off. But apparently, the waitress makes some offhand comment to Girly that I’m cute! I guess she comes there enough, so the waitress knows her to some degree. Girly makes some comment that I should “ask her out” or something to that effect, though I could tell she was joking. To which I replied “Oh why would I need to do that, I’m here with you”. Something reassuring. Then of course, I have to try and be clever and say something like “besides, if I were interested I would ask her out, just suggest a threesome! It was clearly a joke, but she didn’t seem impressed by it and was noticeably more distant for the rest of the night. However, we did walk back to her place hand in hand, she decided to stop me and kiss me for no reason in the middle of it and I left on good terms. So I’m not too worried that I said anything too stupid. I’ll give her a call perhaps tomorrow and see if she wants to do something during the week. I’m sure she’ll want to.

Now, a few things come out of this. Firstly, I wonder if she overreacted to the “threesome” comment. It was clearly a joke (though had she said yes, of course I’d have gone for it!) and she didn’t seem at all impressed. A sign of jealousy, perhaps of big-time insecurity or something else? Perhaps it was a dumb thing to say, but if you can’t take my sense of humor, well to hell with you. Next is the fact that this waitress (who was very fetching) thought that I was cute. Why is it that things like this happen to me only when I can’t do ANYTHING about them? Obviously I can’t go hit on the waitress while I’m there with another girl and this place is way the hell on the other side of the city. Crappy. But still, at least it was a nice ego boost, if nothing else.

So I was feeling pretty good about myself on Friday and then the complete opposite the next day. You see, I still wanted to go see Borat. And could I find anyone to go see it with? Of course not. The limited few people that I could call were all busy. Yes, things are well enough on the one front, but I still have no freaking friends! It just burns me, it really does, not to mention depresses me. I remember once upon a time I actually had a group of friends that could be counted upon to do “stuff”. Like if there was a big time movie coming out, it was just sort of assumed we’d be going to see it. I know that I’m not going to be going to parties or anything like that, but it would be nice to get out once in a while, hit the bars, go to a party, whatever. I mean, I might go out with “Marty Boy” for a drink here, maybe have lunch with “Blondie” there and the like. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge party animal, but sometimes it would be nice to go out and have some real fun. Just never seems to happen. I mean now that I have a little bit of confidence, I might even talk to the cute waitress or whatever. But if I’ve no one to go out with, what am I to do?

So I still haven’t seen Borat and I’m not about to see it by myself. Hopefully I’ll find someone willing to go, might have to be Girly. Actual ‘friends’ friends would be nice, which is probably much harder to find This is why I wish D-Rock were still around, I know I could have counted on him to have gone. But there’s not much I can do. So anyone want to go see Borat? Looks absolutely hilarious, 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Anyone?

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Let me try for first of 30:

I haven't seen a movie in the theater since the first Lord of the Rings movie but Borat looks very funny.

My cousin was decked in the face for a comment much, much more innocent than the threesome remark (and he later married her). I think she knows it was just a joke (unless it turns into that Seinfeld episode) but she probably dwelled on it. I can't read minds but it's probably like your reaction to her male friends.

Good luck on getting a ticket

November 05, 2006 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything was going so well... why would you try and fuck it up with a comment like that?
There are certain guys that can get away with saying shit like that, but most cannot. You, my friend, are one of the ones that cannot. You were obviously riding some kind of ego-high, but try to reign in the ponies before you say shit about threesomes with a girl you barely know.
That being said, if she had immediately grabed the waitress and dragged both of you to the handicapped washroom... We'd know for sure that she's batshit crazy and that it is going to be a fun ride.

-Sam

November 06, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Yes, I know now that it wasn't a good thing to say. I thought I was being wry and witty, but I guess she didn't see it that way. Anyways, I don't think there was really much damage done and at least I know that I should probably watch myself in the future with this one. She's probably a touch sensitive, so at least now I know and without having fucked things up too badly.

November 06, 2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippo;

Live the dream man, and be forever remembered as a king amongst men.

(heart) Dosi

November 06, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I think I would have been put off by that comment too - and I'm fairly liberal, not crazy, and have a good sense of humour. Still, it may have been a bit early to joke about having sex with her and someone else - especially since you haven't had sex with just her yet.

I hope that didn't screw anything up with Girlie - and I hope she's not crazy.

November 07, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger K. said...

since i took the liberty of attacking you so much in the earlier post, i'll be more supportive this time around...

the comment was harmless, silly, meaningless, petty, and ultimately not something that she or anyone should get upset about. clearly, it could only be meant as a joke.

which furthers my earlier point - this girl sounds like she's got issues, and you using her for sex isn't the best idea. :)

November 07, 2006 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sex her up with no rubber, then busta nut inside of her and hope the pill fails and she gets pregnant. Then when you leave her, it will be that much better, cause she's gonna be stuck with a kid and you will have more or less ruined her life. And then she might have a reason to be crazy.

(heart)Dosi

November 07, 2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Daphne: Where the holy hell have you been? Is your blog dead? I haven't talked to you in ages! Hope all is well etc. And yes, I know it was not a great thing to say, but we went to see Borat today and all seemed well. So no harm, no foul.

Katie: I agree that it was a sill and harmless comment, but not everyone seems to agree with you and me. So hopefully it's not a sign of anything more serious. I hope.

Dosi: You are a crazy, crazy fuck. This is why I love you and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

November 07, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Hi! Where have I been - working, planning a ridiculously complicated wedding, and trying to be a good sister-in-law to a very pregnant lady and her husband who was in a bad car accident. Busy.

THe blog is probably dead. I want to blog so often, but the truth is that I rarely have time to read anyone else's blog, let alone write my own.

I want to see Borat! I went to see "Death of a President" tonight - very good. Highly recommended.

November 07, 2006 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker