Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hmm, maybe I can double-date with my aunt and uncle?

A quick update on my weekend, folks.

Firstly, things went quite well last night with girly, despite the fact that initially I wasn't even in the mood to be there. That probably stemmed from the fact that it took me an hour and a half to drive to her house after work. The freeway was completely jammed and traffic gives me big time panic attacks. I mean, this was just ridiculous. I left at about 6:00 PM, but it was on a Saturday night, so it really shouldn't have been that bad, but it was. To put it into perspective, the return trip took only 35 minutes. So it was not fun getting there. Normally I'd have had a cigarette to calm my nerves, but she not only doesn't smoke, she's never had a cigarette or a drink (!!!) in her entire life, which got me to over-analyzing. I mean, I'm not sure if I can trust someone who doesn't drink (outside of religious reasons or being a recovering alcoholic). Got me back to thinking of one of the reasons why King Louis XVI didn't trust Robespierre: he only drank water, not wine. Louis saw this as a sign of fanaticism and I tend to agree. People who don't drink have something to hide and probably can't be fully trusted.

But I digress. Once I got there, things went swimmingly. Had dinner, went bowling, then watched "The Matador" on her couch. It's a fun little movie, I whole-heartedly recommend it. Again though, I'm getting off topic. She's definitely into me, that much I can tell. Is she still a little bit wacko? Perhaps. If I don't fuck things up royally (and I don't think I will, knock on wood), things will progress to the next level very soon. They likely would have last night, had not her parents been asleep upstairs!! At any rate, this takes a little bit of pressure off of me in regards to the girl in my English class, as well as some others that I haven't yet gotten a chance to write about. I mean, I still want to keep my options open, but now I feel as though I can do so at a more relaxed pace, taking things easy when it comes to other prospects, seeing as this one is going pretty well.

Otherwise, the weekend was pretty relaxed, which is nice compared to my rather harried one last weekend. Got to sleep in an extra hour, The Giants won and I've no assignments to be concerned over for now. Still, I shouldn't allow myself to get too complacent, I really should try to at least get somewhat of a head start on something or rather. Right.

Had a family function over at my uncle's place today. Nice to see the family once in a while, despite the fact it causes a lot of drama, seeing as my parents really hate each other, which leads to a lot of awkwardness. It's really complicated, so I'm not even going to try and get into it. It makes things much less enjoyable, let's just leave it at that. A free meal and free wine is always a good thing. Plus, my aunt's sister was there (she's in no way related to me), so I got to clumsily flirt with her! Yes, she is 47 years old, divorced and has kids, but I still think she's pretty hot! Like I said, I got to keep my options open, right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wazzup, missed your last few posts but caught up today. Good news on both 'girlie' and your class chick. Once things start going well with 'girlie' you'll be amazed at how your confidence goes up - which will make it easier and easier to talk to other girls (they can smell it on you).

Asking someone to coffee isn't in anyway 'making moves'. Friends go to coffee all the time. In the school situation, both she and you have to be there and probably have time to kill so coffee is a great idea. Just keep it casual and light. Something along the lines of 'hey I'm gonna grab a coffee, you want to come?' right before class ends is the best approach (you don't have to sit there the entire time if she says no and she won't have to think about whether she'll go or not through the entire class). Also, if you get rejected it really isn't that big a deal - you were already going to go...

As for 'girlie', being with a psycho can be fun, but you are in no way obligated to deal with her problems - no matter what happens, the only reason to spend time with her is if you want to, not because you think you need to take care of her, etc.

Keep it loose, stop thinking and just go with what life gives you (it will be plenty).
-Sam

October 30, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I guess I agree with Sam about going for coffee. Just keeping it casual wouldn't hurt.

October 30, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

In regards to girly, I want to spend time with her for now, but if she has any major malfunctions, I'm sticking around long enough for the sex and then getting the hell out as soon as is acceptable.

And I agree on the other point. I see nothing wrong with coffee at all. Seems like a nice, friendly like thing to do. Besides, we both seem to be falling asleep in class on a regular basis, so it sounds like a very wise suggestion.

As an aside, today during class, she was very much resting her elbow on my little desk thingee on at least two occassions and gave me a little goodbye tap as I was hurrying off to my next class. Are these signs or are they nothing? Plus I always get to class first and she always sits next to me. None of these are bad things at the very least. At any rate, if she's in class on Thursday, I'll definitely suggest coffee.

Whoops, I have to go. Kids are at my door, I guess I'd better go give them candy.

October 31, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger K. said...

"I'm sticking around long enough for the sex and then getting the hell out as soon as is acceptable."

I've just lost any respect for you that i might have had. come on....try and be a better man than this....

October 31, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Oh Jesus, I knew this comment would come back to haunt me. I don't see why it's such a big deal.

What am I supposed to do if she turns out to be a psycho? Do I become obligated to stay with her, deal with her problems and such? I really don't believe that I do, but if I can at least get some out of it, what is the problem with that? It's not like I would say "see ya" the next day! I'd wait the appropriate interval.

I've treated women with nothing but respect my whole life and it has gotten me nowhere with them. Sometimes being a bit of an asshole is a good thing and in fact, I don't think this necessarily even counts.

Besides, this is the best shot I've had in ages and all I was doing was dealing in the hypothetic. It was just an 'if'. I haven't gotten any in quite a while, so if I can here, that's great and sure as hell beats waiting another God knows how long. Sometimes you've got to be a bit of a jerk to get what you want...that's how life works. You can't always get ahead by being nice.

October 31, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger K. said...

its not about being "nice" - its about you admitting that you would be using a girl for sex when you acknowledge she might already be troubled. purely because you haven't gotten laid in a while.

i don't call that respect. and if you stop and think about it, i don't think you would either.

November 01, 2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker