Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My, how the nights have grown cool

I've been promising a 'real' update for days now and here it is, at last. The last three posts have been rather lightweight, in fact it's been ten days since I posted anything about my crummy life. I've been very busy with essay writing, which is all done for the time being, I'm happy to say. So I'll see if I can't muster up something here. I'm just making all this up as I go, so forgive me if it's disjointed.

So I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of things with girly. She contacted me about a week ago with a text message which simply said 'hi' (deep, I know). I guess this is code for the fact that she wants to talk or something. So I finally ask again what I did. Seems that it was the fact that she still insisted that I "didn't want to be there" when we "hung out" the last time and that I made up an excuse to leave (um, yeah. I was sick). She said that she was over it, that if I wanted to talk to her or "hang out" again, it was up to me (the same thing I had told her!). I honestly don't know why there was ever a problem. I was sick, I explained that. But no, she has to read all sorts of things into it (which is ironic, seeing as that's how I usually am) and accuses me of all sorts of things I didn't do or think. I saw her last Thursday briefly, to buy some Girl Guide cookies from her niece (don't ask). Apparently we're 'cool' now. Talked to her briefly the other day (she was on her way to work) and I guess I'll call her tomorrow and ask her if she wants to do anything this weekend. If not, whatever. To be quite honest, I've lost a fair bit of interest. I still have the strong suspicion that she's a wacko.

As an aside to this, we were talking and her plans last weekend consisted of going to Buffalo / Niagara Falls with her friend that I thought was gay but "most definitely isn't". I don't know why this, for lack of a better word, bothers me. I guess it's still the fact that as far as I can tell, all of her friends are dudes. I mean, I went out last night with my friend Blondie, who is a lady (last time I checked) and with whom I have no romantic relationship. But I have friend of the same sex as well. Is there something a little odd about a girl who has nothing but male friends?

School has been okay. Like I said, I got all my shit done for the next little while, which is a relief. And I like the classes I have tomorrow. Part of the reason is that I might, might be making friends in a couple of them. But I don't know. There are three separate cases. I shall cover only case number one today, seeing as this is already getting to be a long entry.

Case number one involves a girl in my morning English class. The other week, I happened to sit next to her (or she to me, I forget). Anyways, this girl is rather cute, which in the past would have made a gutless coward like myself unable to say anything. But for some reason, some unknown reason I actually made myself talk to her. So I think of something. Notes. I know it's the standard thing to do, but I actually did need notes from a previous class. So I ask for them, she doesn't have them on her, but says that she has a photocopier at home, she'd be glad to do it. We'll see. Low and behold, she remembers! So we're on a friendly chit-chat basis before and after class, in fact the last couple of times she's come in after me and sat down next to me. She sure as hell doesn't have to, but she did. Also, she was the one who asked me my name before I asked for hers. Good things, I suppose. Now I guess I should make some sort of a 'move', if that's appropriate. I'm not sure what to do...I was going to go with the "hey, we should exchange email addresses if you ever need notes, etc". But now I'm leaning toward just asking if she wants to grab a coffee after class tomorrow. I can't do it on the Tuesday section of the class, seeing as I have another class right after. A few problems though.

First, I'm not sure if it's too early to do this. I mean maybe I should just chit-chat in class a little more before asking her if she want to grab a coffee. I might come on too strong. Another problem is that after Tuesday's class she went off with some other girl she knows in the class, who shares some other class with her. So I might have competition from within for after class coffee. Also the previous week I saw her meet up with some other girl who isn't in the class, though it is possible they just bumped into each other, I didn't see. So what if I say "hey, wanna grab a coffee?" and she's busy or can't for whatever reason? Now that doesn't seem like a big deal, but then that means I'd have to ask again. This also might seem as though I'm coming on too strong or something. So I just don't know. I guess I might have to make my mind up on this one by myself, unless someone comments before 11:00 AM tomorrow. Otherwise I'd have to wait another week and I really don't want to. She seems nice and not a wacko, at least from the limited conversations I've had. Plus, she's cuter than girly.

So that's it for now. I'm sure I have a lot more to cover, but it'll have to wait. Parts 2 and 3 of my potential school friend thing will follow, among other things. Baseball was rained out, so I had a lot of time to think.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hippo;

Just a piece of advice, perhaps it would be better to just try and be her friend instead of "putting the moves on her." It seems to me that you want to put the moves on every girl, perhaps you might want to build a useful friendship first. If she says no, and you get discouraged, or she gets intimidated, you may end up with nothing at all. And its always nice to have someone to sit with in class.

That's all.
(heart) Dosi

October 26, 2006 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Dosi. I was thinking that the entire time I was reading your blog. You DO seem to come on to every girl. STOP trying so hard... and MAYBE... things will work out.

October 26, 2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

In the words of Homer J. Simpson, "You gotta play it cool." Not that I'm any more a dating expert than Homer, but I'd go for taking it slow and seeing what happens.

I have noticed girls today are more likely to have exclusively male friends than years ago. I'm sure there's a reason for it but damned if I know.

October 27, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Ergh, I don't know. I guess I will just try to be 'friendly' (whatever that means) for now and see how things go. I mean, don't get me wrong here. My first choice would be to (word deleted) this girl six ways from Sunday, but even if I just make a new friend, that's certainly better than nothing. At any rate, she wasn't in class on Thursday, so I'll see how it goes on Tuesday anyways

October 28, 2006 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker