Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gawd, am I drunk again?

Well my darlings, just a few quick points for now. My posts always end up being too long and I really should try and reign them in, so here goes it. Besides, I've had too much to drink, so it's difficult for me to focus. That means point form. Yes!!

1. Just finished watching game five of the World Series. Got to say congrats to the Cardinals, though I must confess I am a little disappointed. I mean, I like the organization, they have a lot of great players that I really like, but I was still sort of pulling for the Tigers. Firstly, the fact that the Cards won only 83 games in the regular season (less than my Blue Jays who didn't even make the playoffs!) leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, they barely got past the Mets. But I have to give them props in this series, they totally owned it and David Eckstein totally deserves the MVP trophy. The Tigers played like shit, there's no two ways about it. If one were to just look at this removed from all else, they didn't even look like they belonged there at all. Their defense was nothing less than deplorable throughout (did anyone see Verlander's throw to third in game five? My dog could have made a better throw) and were it not for Kenny Rogers, they'd have been swept. In fact, I question Jim Leyland for not starting 'The Gambler' in this game, even on short rest. I'd have done it. Anyways, there's no point in me playing armchair manager now. But let me tell you, if I were a Tigers fan, I would not be happy with this team's performance in this series. Despite all they achieved this season, they looked like they had no place being there, with the exception of perhaps Rogers and Sean Casey. I know sometimes the better team simply wins, but the Tigers really should have been the better team. They have no one to blame but themselves.

2. I'm "hanging out" with girly tomorrow. This is the first time I'll be seeing her since the unpleasant incident when I was sick. I don't even know where we stand, to tell you the truth. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Wish me luck? Do I even care anymore? I don't even know.

3. I am finding it nearly impossible to score painkillers for the...uh...'pain' that I'm in. How do all these people obtain Oxycontin and Vicodin and Percocet and all this stuff? How does one get a hook up for this shit, I mean really. If I wanted pot, I could probably get it no problem, but trying to get prescription painkillers is like pulling teeth. Hmmm, maybe I should have some teeth pulled...that might lead to me getting some!

4. That's it. I'm tired and I'm going to bed. The realization that football is all I have left until April is just now sinking in. And it ends in January. Damn!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Wait! You're having problems getting medication and you don't care about hockey? My preconceptions are crushed!

October 28, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger K. said...

As a Tiger fan, I'm pretty upset to see their stupid mistakes cost them those games. But Verlander and Rodney and Zumaya are young rookie pitchers. they'll be back and better next year.

Nate Robertson says it best...

This was a phenomenal dream season. Making the playoffs, beating the Yankees, crushign the A's -- that was so awesome to watch...its really Ok that they lost this series, it was still a fun ride.

good luck with the girl - but again, she sounds a little off...or at least "uncertain" of things. try not to expect to much and just enjoy yourself. and if you're not enjoying yourself, what's the point? just move on...

October 29, 2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Huh? What preconceptions? I'm a bit confused.

And thanks for the good wishes, things went well last night.

October 29, 2006 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker