Saturday, November 11, 2006

If you do not read my post, I will be execute!

One post per week isn't very good, I know. I'm not going to try and make any excuses, other than the fact I'm just plain lazy. Yes I've been somewhat busy, but certainly not enough to prevent me from spending a little time to update this thing. It's sloth and perhaps the inability to concentrate, plain and simple.

Seems when we (whenever I say 'we', it refers to Bobo and I) left you last things were...well, okay I guess. Yes, I was lamenting the fact I had no friends and no one to seem Borat with, but I guess things could have been worse. I am happy to say, that I did get to see Borat without too much delay. Called Girly up and asked her if she wanted to go see it on Tuesday, to which she replied in the affirmative. So she meets me after my classes on Tuesday and we head over to the Varsity Theatres, just a block over from U of T. I decided to spend the extra three bucks per ticket and spring for the "Varsity VIP" theatre instead of the regular one. Basically, the VIP screening room seats only 45 people, so it's like an intimate screening room. The seats are comfier and you have a table on one side of you upon which to rest your snacks. Said snacks are ordered off a menu, brought to you by a server. Very sweet! Top this off with the private VIP washroom and it really makes for the only way to go see a movie. For the extra three dollars, I highly recommend it.

As for Borat itself, it more than lives up to the hype which I admittedly subscribed to. I'm not going to give you a full review, I'm sure you can find many, almost all of them saying the same things. Just know that there really is something to offend pretty much everyone in this movie and if you don't find yourself laughing constantly, you're probably made of stone. I'm not someone who generally laughs out loud at things (even if I do find them funny), but I was killing myself here. Perhaps not since Blazing Saddles (which I often cite as the funniest movie ever made), has there been a film more offensive and more hilarious. If you haven't seen it, see it. Now.

With the "date" itself, things went just fine. No sign of any lingering damage from my "threesome" remark, so I think all is well. Now my question is, how often should I be calling her? Is every day too much? Every other day good? If I catch her on MSN, is that equivalent to a phone call or at least delay the necessity of one for another day? And consequently, how often should I be seeing her? Is once a week sufficient, or maybe try to work on some sort of five day schedule or something? And should I be the one calling her every time or should I sometimes wait for her to call me? If I've called the last few times, should I then wait and give her a chance to call me? And if she doesn't after a few days, do I then call? And if she does call but doesn't mention anything about getting together, should I automatically broach the subject? So many questions, I know. But dating is so confusing and I have enough to worry about. Any input would be great.

On another front, the girl from my English class wasn’t in class on Tuesday (seems she overslept), but was on Thursday. She asked me for my notes and I said that I’d be happy to scan them and email them over…which means I now have her email address. Score! Also, after class on Thursday, we were leaving and I casually mentioned that I was hungry, if she wanted to grab something to eat. She said that she was meeting a friend for lunch, but if I didn’t have class, I was free to come. So I did. Went to some Vietnamese place and actually waited for her friend for a little while. Her friend actually recognized me, seems I was in one of her first year tutorials. I didn’t remember her at all, but I faked an “Oh yeah, right!” so that I wouldn’t seem like a total ass. At any rate, it wasn’t too bad. I’d have rather just had lunch with the girl from my class alone, but this wasn’t so bad. Seeing as her friend was there, maybe I made some sort of good impression (I hope) and maybe they talked about me. You never know. Plus I did get a “Hey, we should do this again sort of thing” (it seemed sincere), which can’t be all bad. Also, I found out that she is NOT attached, having ended a relationship a couple of months ago. All is looking hopeful here. I can just take things nice and easy, coffee or lunch once on a semi-regular basis and just let things happen. Will they? Time will tell. If I’m lucky, she and I and girly will be involved in a threesome in no time. No, not really. Jesus doesn’t love me THAT much.

Fudge. I have a test that I really have to study for and I haven't at all so far. It's the one class I'm so very lost in. Dammit. It's on Monday, wish me luck. Also, I still haven't posted at all on friend developments in two other classes...if I don't in the next few days, will someone please remind me? Thanks. Again, I'm lazy and sometimes I need a kick in the ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

That's "executed."

Glad life is shaping up for you. What class is giving you trouble?

November 11, 2006 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker