Saturday, February 11, 2006

She called me 'Muffin'

Have an exam on Monday that I really do need to study for. I wish I could just concentrate, even a little. Even though I really don't have much better to do, I still can't seem to focus on it. Sad.

Sorry for the lack of posts this week and for my last miserable post. Sometimes I just feel like utter shit and this is my outlet. It helps me deal. I still think I'm a friendless loser, but I don't feel as bad as I did on Tuesday. Some days are better than others. That's just how it is. I guess we'll see how my week was.

Skipped out early on my English class Wednesday night and went with two classmates (Freckles and Mo-mo) to grab a bite. Maybe they're friends, I don't know. If I hang out with them outside of school, I'll consider them such. Ditto Cute Red Head. One problem is that all of these people live on the complete opposite side of the city.

I need a car.

I don't care if it's a beater, I need some sort of vehicle. Plus, if I want to re-establish any sort of love life, a car is a must. I didn't go on any dates pre-car and I haven't been on any post-car. If I were a girl, would I go out with some guy who didn't have one? Hell no. Sorry, but I suspect that if most people were to be completely honest, they'd come to the same conclusion. From a practical standpoint, what if I meet someone nice at school and she lives downtown or further? Or what if we're chatting on MSN and decide to do something spur of the moment? And my internet dating wouldn't have been at all possible without said car. And like I said, a guy is sort of expected to have a car, especially if he lives in the bloody suburbs. I had this discussion with my new co-worker, Carlos, who's in a very similar automotive predicament to mine, though actually considerably worse. He agreed with my line of thinking 100%. As someone who had a car and now doesn't, he can relate to my situation. So I'm officially looking for a vehicle. Should be fun.

What else....uh, I got my hair cut yesterday. I always think it's too short, but it grows, soon enough. And I really like having someone wash my hair for me. It's so infinitely relaxing. Also, this really, really pretty girl who works as a colourist there called me 'Muffin'. She is beyond pretty and I blushed so much. I'm such a nerd. For the record she is far too good looking for me and has a boyfriend. She was just being cute. It was still nice.

The other day, I found out that it's Cute Red Head's birthday tomorrow. I'll send her a very nice email, maybe a little bit mushy (but in a friend sort of way) and that's it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want to go overboard, do too much, too soon. I may have done that before with someone and it caused me much pain. I'd like to get her something, but it's probably a bad idea. I don't know.

On a final note, something rather shocking happened to me this week. It's nothing earth shattering, but I was surprised by it. It's certainly not a bad thing; I would even go so far to say it was good. As to how good, I'm not sure. Time will tell. Again, it was a pleasant surprise. Am I going to share it? Hmmm....no. Not here, not yet. Maybe not ever. I'm pretty good with sharing all aspects of my life here; let's keep this under wraps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Happy Valentine's Day King Hippo!
xoxo
(p.s. thank you for the sweet card :)

February 14, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thank you Daphne and you're very welcome.

February 14, 2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker