Sunday, January 22, 2006

Our next Prime Minister. Deal with it!






















I did a little (very little) informal poll of my own today, over MSN. Out of 27 people who responded, 9 support the NDP, 5 support the Liberals, 5 support the Conservatives (including myself) and 8 are either undecided or have no intention of voting. However, all the people I asked are 25 or younger and thus, ignorant (:P). Thank God for old people. But seriously, I hope everyone gets out tomorrow and I hope that they you all help make Stephen Harper our next Prime Minister. At any rate, it should be fun to watch. The Torries look set to form the next government, but whether it will be a majority or not is yet to be seen.

Otherwise, this has been a very depressing weekend. Next weekend might be even worse. No football...dang. I wish I had a life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Man, do I ever not want him to be Prime Minister. Enough so that I'm actually going to vote for the first time ever (well, I voted in some municipal dealie when I turned 18, but otherwise, I'm vote-free). I hope there are others like me who go out to vote for the sole purpose of NOT letting the Conservatives win.

January 23, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Sheesh, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek when I said that all young people are ignorant. Hence the little :P and the 'but seriously'. I was only being facetious.

Also, I don't see the whole thing of voting against someone, not for them. I mean, I don't think Paul Martin (or the Liberals) are at all the right choice to lead this country, but I have nothing against the fellow. It's not like he stole my bike or ran over my sister. Why do so many non-Conservatives have to be hatin'?

January 23, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger Amberly said...

At one point, I was thinking of voting conservative, but I changed my mind a couple of weeks ago. I love voting, I think everyone should vote. And even if the party your rooting for doesn't win, they still get something like $1.75/vote to better their party.

January 23, 2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

It's not that I'm simply voting against someone. I am actually a Liberal at heart, and if I had voted in previous elections, I would have certainly voted Liberal. I just never bothered for various reasons. This year, however, I feel that I need to actually make it known that I'm Liberal and very much anti-Conservative by actually voting.

Also, I had absolutely no reason not to vote. The party room on the main floor of my condo was actually a polling station. No excuses there.

January 23, 2006 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker