Thursday, January 19, 2006

Veronica is hotter than Betty

Wow, my third post in three days...man, I am so very bored.

















Even though I don't usually sleep very well, I have had two bizarre dreams lately. One of them involved me at some sort of formal event with Veronica (from the Archie Comics) and then sneaking around the grounds of some sort of estate. I'm not sure if I had assumed the role of Archie or Reggie, though I do remember that stuff may or may not have happened between Veronica and myself. Weird. The second was even more bizarre. Remember the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where they're in the garage towards the end of the movie, trying to take miles off the Ferrari? And then Cameron kicks the car and it plummets to its destruction? Well, in this dream, he never kicks the car and his parents come home. The dream involved Ferris and Cameron and Sloane just hanging around the house, trying to distract Cameron's dad so that he wouldn't look at the mileage on the car. It went on like this forever. Eventually some friend drops by from out of town and the parents leave. I don't remember what happened next. The odd thing is that I haven't seen the movie in quite a while, nor have I read an Archie comic in ages. How these things found their way into my dreams, I'll never know.

Shifting back to real life, I came to the realization that there really is something wrong with me. I was chatting with this girl that I talk to a lot over MSN. We talk pretty much every day. She was in a rather lousy mood the other day and much of it had to do with the fact that she gained three pounds. You see, she's 5'4" and weighs a whopping 109 lbs. Without those three extra pounds, her body mass index would fall into the 'underweight' category. I've seen pictures of this girl. She is nowhere NEAR being fat. I keep telling her this and the fact that I think she's rather hot. But she barely eats and can't seem to get it out her head that she is overweight. And as I was ready to chastise her for this, I realized just how much it reminded me of myself. You see, no matter how many times I or other people tell me otherwise, I can't get things out of my head, like the notion that people hate me, I'm no good, I'm a loser etc. I try the self-affirmation things, but they always turn into "who are you kidding? You are a loser, no one likes you". I guess I have a self-image problem, just like she does. I just wish I knew how to solve either of our problems.

Some good news though, at least I think so. I lent my Film class notes to cute red headed girl the other day. She borrowed them once before. But this time, when she gave them back, there was a little yellow post-it note inside:

Thanks, King Hippo! If you use MSN, add me cuteredhead@email.com I'd love to help you out too, should you need it! :)

-Cute Red Head


So...I don't know what to make of this note. I mean, I'll add her for sure, that's a given. After class, I told her I would. Made some more idle chitchat. I didn't ask her if she wanted to go grab a coffee. Should I have? Is it too late to do so now? And when did I become so socially clueless? I’m sure she was just being friendly. At least this is what two people said when I asked them. But I really don’t ever know.

8 Comments:

Blogger LU said...

patience young grasshopper.

be cool

in due time

..i'm out of cute little anecdotes... in other words. ask her for coffee in a little while. you dont want to seem too eager. and don't message her too often on msn, play it cool. be illusive. it's endearing and intriguing (sp?!).

January 20, 2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I agree with LU. Chat with her on MSN for a bit before the coffee ask. Don't come on too strong - just be that cool guy who lends his notes for now. She obviously appreciated that )and thinks you're bright enought to take borrow-worthy notes!) so don't push too much too soon.

January 20, 2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks guys. I guess I'll try to play it cool for now, but not too cool. I always seem to either come on too strong or not be confident enough. Hopefully I can find some middle ground here.

January 20, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger fortey said...

Wear a shirt and tie to class some day. Chicks dig that. Ask LU and Daphne, they dug it when I used to do it.

January 20, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Wait, are you being serious Del Fuego? Is he ladies? 'Cause if it'll work, I'll do it! So, um....are you serious?

January 21, 2006 1:09 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Huh? What's wrong with the ties and shirts that I wear?

January 21, 2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger fortey said...

Dude, I never said every day. My wardrobe consists of hawaiin shirts, bowling shirts and dress shirts. And two shirts with fake fur on them that I used to wear to class but now can't bring myself to wear at work, so they're officially "goin out" shirts... but that's beside the point...

If no one expects the shirt and tie, when you wear the shirt and tie, you inevitably look far more impressive than you ever have before. Plus people can't help but ask why you're wearing a shirt and tie. Of course, it' up to you to think up a suitable reason after that, but meh. Personally, I went with "no reason." Because it was both true and mysterious.

January 23, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks. I might just give it a try.

January 23, 2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker