Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm out of scotch and I think too much

I’m not sure if I hate this damned blog yet or not. I always feel this stupid obligation to post things, whether or not I really want to. Yet, it’s my only real outlet. I only see my doctor every so often and even then, I tend to hold back. And I have no friends left to vent to. So this is it. Blog is all I have left. I hate him and yet I need him.

I’m out of scotch. Not cool. I do have a little bit of bourbon left, but barely enough for a glass or two. No more car = no way to get any. My mom is going to run some errands. Maybe she’ll be nice enough to pick some up for me. I really hope so. This picture will tide me over until then.























Still not failing anything. This is a good thing. Though I’m completely lost in Film History. Not a good thing.

Stop! A lengthy aside

The Problem: A strange thing happened to me in my Shakespeare class last night. The class is on the smallish side and it’s held in a fairly cozy room. I sit in the same place all the time: third row, slightly to one side, to the right of my class-related acquaintance. In the front row sit these two very, very hot girls, usually with a couple of their friends (who are dudes). I didn’t notice the dudes there last night; just the two very, very hot girls. For the better part of the three-hour class (!!) the darker haired one seemed to be intermittently glancing over her shoulder, looking in my direction. Now when people are answering questions and making comments, people often turn their heads to look at them. But she didn’t just do it during these times and I swear she was looking at me. I don’t know what to make of this. Several possibilities:

1. I did see her laughing with her friend a time or two, soon after I first noticed her looking. Maybe there was something on my face or I just plain looked stupid. Though I didn’t see her giggling afterwards, maybe she was fixated by whatever looked dumb about me. Still, what could be so dumb that she had to keep looking all that time?

2. She wasn’t actually looking at me. I mean she may have been looking beyond me. At what or whom, I don’t know. There were no other men sitting behind me, only women. So unless she’s one of the very small percentage of gay people, she wasn’t checking anyone else out. Maybe there was something she was trying to read behind me, I don’t know. But it really did seem like she was looking at me.

3. She was just purposely messing with me. This is a definite possibility. The giggling with her friend could support this. “Hey, watch me mess with this guy behind me. It’ll be fun”. Which is what she did and continued to do for the next two hours. See if I looked back, went up to her, etc. I didn’t go talk to her (no time and I’m a coward), though I did establish eye contact for a second or two. I think it was eye contact. I know so very little about women. So I’m not even sure what went on.

4. Finally, maybe she thought I was cute and was looking at me for that reason. This is not very likely. If this were the case, why now? I’ve had class with this girl for three months. Plus the fact that this girl is seriously hot. I mean she’s one of the hot girls. An unapproachable. There’s no way.

The Solution: So what do I do? I noticed that she took her coat and went somewhere during the break. So she probably went out to smoke. Do I follow her and have a cigarette of my own? I can’t really go up to her if she’s around a bunch of people. That would be weird. Do I hope to run into her somewhere? Maybe I look at her? Or see if she keeps looking at me? And why am I reading anything into this? If she was looking at me, it was probably only because I looked stupid or just to play with my head. I should just forget it.

End of aside. Back to the regular post.

Had coffee with another class-related acquaintance today. I have all of two and I met both in my super-nerdy Lord of the Rings, which I took last year. I don’t admit that to most people. Saw cute redheaded girl in my film tutorial today. I actually looked for her in lecture, but she wasn’t there. See, I was going to make a concerted effort to try and talk to her during / after lecture and see what she was doing and if she wanted to do something, since we both have the same two hour break between classes. But alas, she must have slept in. As I was leaving tutorial though (on my way to coffee), she did seem to sort of wait to talk to me as we were filing out. Said ‘hi’ and such. I asked her how her break was, how New Year’s was etc. But as it turns out, she didn’t slow down just to chit-chat with me. She needed the notes for the lecture she missed that morning. I was happy to lend them to her. Maybe when I get them back, she’ll have written her phone number inside. But don’t count on it.

*Update*

My mom picked up some scotch for me, just like I asked. Thanks mom, don't know what I'd do without you. Love you lots!

4 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Maybe, just maybe, she could feel you practically leering at the back of her head, and was inclined to look back.

January 17, 2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I don't understand the comment. I wasn't leering at the back of her head. She sits two rows up and several seats over. I don't have a direct view of the back of her head. She's a hot girl and I'll certainly take notice of that, but I wasn't ever leering at her. She's the one who kept turning her head to me.

January 17, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Sorry King Hippo, I must have mis-read.

January 18, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

No worries. I misread things all the time. Still, I wish someone had some advice for me. Oh well.

January 18, 2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker