Friday, February 03, 2006

Ignore that last post, please!

Man, I need to apologize for the last post. I think I'd had a few drinks at that point. I think it's best if everyone just sort of ignores it. I really need to get over things that are in the past and move on. It’s just that my present ain’t too grand.

Firstly, I'd just like to offer up my congratulations to the lovely Ms. Daphne, as she enters into an exciting new phase of her life with her gentleman. Officially, I'm supposed to hate the two of them, as they're a happy couple, something which makes me both sick and miserable. But off the record, I'm very happy that she's going to be very happy. I mean it. Now leave me alone regarding that.

Nothing much new to report on Cute Red Head front. I don't want to be too pushy in trying to be her friend or anything, though I have learned that she does consider me a 'friend' for what it's worth. We were chatting over the MSN (this time a conversation she initiated) and we were discussing something along the lines of meeting new people and how difficult it can sometimes be. I said, "Well, you're a new person. Hey, we might even be friends someday". To which she replied "Hey, I consider you my friend already. You're certainly more than an acquaintance". That made me smile for a minute or two. For the record, I actually did talk to a few other people this week at school, more so than I usually do. One person came up to me while I was outside smoking and asked me for my English notes. I said I needed them, but could email them to her, if she wanted. I'll do that shortly. Talked to some guy who's in my Shakespeare course and my film courses. We chatted for a few minutes before class. He seemed like a nice fellow. Then some girl after film tutorial. She's part of the school's Cinema Studies journal, I think. Maybe that's something to consider getting involved in. Finally, another girl asked to see my notes before class. She was sort of cute. Just thought I'd throw that in. Whatever. If one of these four people becomes a 'friend' I'll be thrilled.

Lastly, there's one thing that I've never been able to understand about myself. I take a Shakespeare course. During this week's class, our prof decided to have people put on an impromptu staging of the last act of this week's play, Measure For Measure. I don't know why now all of a sudden. We've never done it before. But I hope we get the chance again. See, when asked for volunteers, I was the first person to put my hand up, for the biggest part (The Duke). There I am, at my stentorian best, performing lengthy Shakespeare talk in front of a whole class, not feeling self-conscious about it in the least. I have NO problem, giving a speech or singing a song in front of a hundred or a thousand complete strangers. But if you ask me to talk to ONE of those strangers...I just can't do it. It makes little sense perhaps, but that's just how it is. I wish I could explain it or better yet, do something about it. But I can't.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Thanks for the well-wishes King Hippo. And thanks for not hating us :P

February 05, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Amberly said...

Does the Red Head talk about her boyfriend much when you have conversations? I'm just wondering.

February 07, 2006 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the title of that last post should be king hippo hit's bottom. i hope that's the bottom anyways :(

February 07, 2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

No, she doesn't talk about him much, but we never really have the chance to have long conversations. She's mentioned him a couple of times, but never really 'talked' about him.

As for hitting bottom, I don't know. You'd think so, but I'm feeling myself slipping deep into depression right now. Things's aren't going so well. I'll do a post tonight, when I come home from school.

February 07, 2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker