Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Valentine


















Yup, the closest thing I have to a 'Valentine' is my fat little dog, Bobo. That's the only person I'll be sharing my bed with tonight. Again. Seriously, this has to be the most depressing day of the year for me. Now I know, not everyone has someone. That's fair. But I'm sure that at some point in their adult lives (I'll say from 16 onward) everyone reading this has had someone on at least one Valentine's Day. Me? Never. Not once. This is why I hate it.

My day consisted of me going to school, coming home, taking a nap, feeling sorry for myself, taking another nap and now typing this. I'll likely finish it off with more self-pity and some heavy, solitary drinking. Good times. The only bright note is that Cute Red Head did give me a little Valentine's card in class today. No, it was a strictly platonic type (there was a clown on it), not a hint of any romance. She's got someone. I should give up there.

Saw a really cute girl on the bus today while I was coming home. I thought for a split second that I might go over and talk to her. But then what would I say? Would she even talk to me? She probably has a boyfriend. She had a ring on the ring finger of her left hand, that means she does, right? It's a moot point. I'll shut up about it now.

At least it's almost over, maybe the most consistently depressing day of the year for me. The reminder that I am so bitterly alone, always have been and am likely to stay that way. It's my mother's birthday too, which is okay. Plus Marty Boy's. Two things I can keep my mind on instead, I suppose. But there's no getting around it: this day sucks. Last year it wasn't that bad, I had this sense of optimism. You see, I had had a great day only a couple days before. That ain't the case this time around. I can't see any good days on the horizon. To all the happy couples out there, I hope you all have a good one. Take care.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amberly said...

That is the cutest dog ever! You should take it for walks to attract the ladies. That's what my brother does with our dog. It's a good conversation starter!

February 15, 2006 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who took that picture? that's creepy.

February 15, 2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u take that with ur webcam?

February 15, 2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

1. He is the cutest dog ever and I've been taking him on walks for the past ten years. I have attracted zero ladies. None come up to me, maybe there are none where I live or maybe there's something wrong with me. I know it's not Bobo's fault.

2. My sister took that picture, with my digital camcorder. I really don't think it's that creepy. My dog sleeps with me on my bed. Not weird at all.

February 15, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

That's only a partial truth. I CAN take him for walks, just not very long ones. I don't want to give the poor thing a heart attack. But yes, I have had to carry him back on several occasions if the walk has proved too long.

February 16, 2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker