Thursday, February 16, 2006

I just ate too much pizza

No school for the next ten days, it's reading week. Yay. I do need to get some work done, that is for sure. On the upside, I can sleep in pretty much everyday for the next ten days. On the downside, I'll probably be bored out of my mind for the next ten days. Maybe someone will invite me out somewhere...it could happen. But it likely won't. On occasion I do try asking people if they'd like to hang out with me, but all I seem to ever get is non-committal answers, lame excuses and the such. At some point you have to know when to get the hint that people just don't want to spend time with you. I'll try again....anyone want to do anything next week? Anyone?

I think any hopes I had of getting with Cute Red Head are quite dead. Yes, she did give me a little Valentine card (though entirely platonic in nature) but there are no signals anywhere. I never get signals or hints or vibes. EVER. Just once I wish someone would check me out....a girl would be the best-case scenario. Anyways, she needed to borrow some more notes and a DVD for film class, so I said I'd be happy to meet up with her on Wednesday sometime, if she wanted them. She said I could call her sometime that day to find out where she would be. It took me about five minutes just to bring myself to dial the phone. That's how bad off I am. Someone says, "Call me" and I can barely bring myself to do it. God, I'm such a gutless coward. I truly do hate myself. Still, found out where to meet her, headed down for class a bit early, smoked a cigar (the weather was nice enough). Met her outside the cafe....and she was with her dude. As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with him. He seems like a nice fellow, not an idiot, not socially inept, not fat or ugly. Had he been any of those things, I might, MIGHT have had a glimmer of hope. But I don't. Having met him, I can safely say I have nothing to offer that he doesn't have. I'm sure he's entirely better than me. Pretty much everyone is, so I guess this really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. On the plus, the tuna melt I had for lunch that day was rather good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker