Thursday, September 04, 2008

Uh, hello blog?

It seems like half of my posts over the last few months begin with me apologizing for the fact that I've been completely neglecting to update the blog. This is only another of those. Sorry. I really want to get it together but lately things haven't been going well and I'm really not in a decent frame of mind, not by a long shot. I'm at a very difficult point in my life and I have a feeling that things aren't about to get better any time soon. Also sorry that all of my (semi) recent posts have been completely removed from the name of the blog, they've been mostly political shit etc. I'd like to get more personal but it's not that easy, at least right now. For now though, two things.

1. I've known this for a while now but after watching John McCain's speech tonight accepting his party's nomination for President it is so evident that this man must be the next President of the United States. Barack Obama is like a U.S. President in a Hollywood movie when compared to McCain. He looks nice, sounds nice, has a great image and all those things. Yet I really can't see how any intelligent person would SERIOUSLY think he should be the next leader of the free world. He seems like a decent fellow and perhaps (as Joe Lieberman pointed out) might one day be a good leader (at least if you're an ultra-liberal). But as President of the most powerful country in the world in these uncertain times? Yikes. I've never actually come out and said this before but I will now admit that I often wish that John McCain had won the nomination in 2000. He was the best man for the job eight years ago and he is still the best man for the job today. Without question.

2. I really like making lists, something which is probably evident to anyone who has reads this with any regularity. I've done many lists, of which the two most notable were my Top 100 Songs of the 1980s and my Top 100 Films of All-Time. The former I'm sure I'd make many changes to if I were to redo it. The latter was done more recently but I'm more confident in it and I couldn't see myself making any wholesale changes to anytime soon. Anyways, the one I always wanted to tackle was a list of the 100 Greatest Songs of All-Time, something which I think would be a massive undertaking on my part. I have the spare time, that's not a problem. However I just don't think I'd be able to put my mind to such a task given the fact that I may very well be on the verge of some sort of nervous breakdown. So I figured I might just cut to the chase.

Wait. Never mind. I had actually typed out what I consider to be the best song of all-time followed by two runners-up. Then I changed my mind. Maybe I will make that list after all. Hopefully it will give me something to live for. Sad as that may sound, right now I don't have much at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natmac said...

"MMMBop" for #1

September 08, 2008 6:34 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Sorry, it only comes in at #4.

September 09, 2008 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker