Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Happy" Canada Day

I really had no plans to post anything today as pretty much nothing is going on in my life other than the fact that I'm a sad, miserable and very lonely drunk. Here's another long weekend that I'm spending alone at home. It's something I've gotten used to.

Anyways, it is Canada Day and despite the fact that I'm spending it alone like the loser I am, I was at least trying to take some pride in my country, be happy about being Canadian, all that sort of stuff. And I was, at least until I read this news story just a few moments ago and actually almost threw up. On this supposedly great day that's supposed to remind people country wide what a great land this is, it has been announced that the greatest mass-murderer in Canadian history and the most evil human being to ever call this country home will be honored with the Order of Canada. Whatever pride in my country I had evaporated in an instant and I now feel only disgust. It's just another reminder that this country has completely lost whatever sense of values and morals it once had. This is just so unthinkably deplorable that I really am at a loss for words.

Canada Day is supposed to be a day in which folks from all walks of life should come together and feel pride in this country we share but instead this is a truly dark day. If something like THIS represents what Canada is all about then I don't see how I can believe that this is a good country anymore. Happy Canada Day indeed. Below is a picture of "Doctor" Morgentaler alongside the leader of one of our major political parties. What a nice couple.





















P.S. I know, this is the one issue I should have left alone. Now everyone will really hate me. But I couldn't help it, sorry. It actually did make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Congratulations to Dr. Morgentaler. I think he deserves the recognition, even if it makes you sick.

July 02, 2008 8:23 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

And perhaps it's not too early to begin a petition to see Paul Bernardo added next year! Because that would be just as appropriate.

Forget it though. I'm going to drop it and am sorry I ever brought it up. This is the one issue that can really lead to people nearly coming to blows or whatever.

July 03, 2008 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonsense Mike, you should feel free to say whatever you want on your blog. After all, these words and thoughts come out of your body, and what you do with your body is completely your choice. It's called freedom, and I know I wouldn't have it any other way.

(heart) Coop

July 04, 2008 12:29 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I completely agree with Coop. It's your blog; you can say what you want!

July 04, 2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Yes, saying what I want here is "my choice" but like I said, I'm not getting roped into this one any further.

July 04, 2008 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker