Friday, June 20, 2008

The cool nights do help me sleep lately at least

It has now been a solid week since I updated this thing. Nice! Does anyone still care, does anyone still read? I'm not really sure, but I suppose the fact that even I am reading or writing on this very little (and therefore probably don't care much at present) can't bode well...yet again I'm wondering if I should shut the damned thing down or perhaps simply stop updating. Less dramatic that way, though it would take less effort. I am putting very little effort into anything these days actually....yes I've been working quite a bit, but that's pretty much the extent of it. I wake up, go to work, come home and....well, let's say nothing even remotely productive gets done.

I have made ZERO progress in regards to polishing up a resume, let alone finding some sort of meaningful employment. Something that comes close to justifying the five years and thousands of dollars I spent on this lousy degree. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on that. I passed all my courses, have the required number of credits, met all the distribution requirements, fulfilled the qualifications of my major and two minors....I really just want that piece of paper. It's looking more and more likely that they're not just going to send it to me. I think I have to talk to someone, declare some sort of intentions, something like that. I really don't know what the process is, though I suspect it can't be THAT difficult. Yet just like everything else, it seems like too much of an effort right now. Nothing, no motivation. Stalled, stuck in neutral, some stupid automotive metaphor like that.

The Blue Jays officially such. A great month of May gave me a glimmer of hope but now I'm finally beginning to see reality. I have less desire to watch baseball now seeing as my team only seems to lose. It wasn't much but it did give me something to do from 7:07 until around 10:00 every night. I still have free tickets for a couple of upcoming games in July though. Just another excuse to drink at this point. If I can find someone to go with me that is.

That's it. I haven't anything else important to say. Not that the above really counts for much. At least it was something. A crappy post nonetheless, one that I did just for the sake of posting something. Depressed as I usually am (and was) at least I could objectively look at the old blog and say that it was interesting. Perhaps no more. Or maybe I just need more to drink is all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

You have to declare that you want to graduate on ROSI, but I think the June 2008 deadline has passed. If you declare before the fall deadline, you'll get your diploma in November.

June 20, 2008 12:54 AM  
Blogger Natmac said...

hey sport

depending on the dates i would be down for some baseball. let me know if you're interested.

June 20, 2008 11:33 AM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 20, 2008 1:28 PM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

This might help answer your question about how to physically get your diploma.

June 20, 2008 1:31 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

The fact that the June deadline has passed is the one thing I actually was aware of. But thanks, Mon and A-Mac, you guys really did help. I think I'll be able to make some sense of all this now. Much appreciated! Also glad to know that you're both still reading! Hope all is well with both of you.

And Natmac, I believe it's July 10th and 25th, though I should probably double check. I actually do have one game already promised to someone (not sure which though) but when I figure that out I will let you know which date is still open and if it works for you, I'll make you first in the cue!

June 22, 2008 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker