Sunday, June 08, 2008

Because I have nothing better to do at this moment, here's a post

Seeing as I'm in no shape to compose a proper post, I'll try and piece something together, just because I feel like getting a little bit of writing done.

It was very hot today. And yesterday. And likely will be tomorrow. It's because of days like today that I consider Willis Carrier among the greatest human beings to have ever lived. Nonetheless, I will still probably sleep on the couch in the basement. I will trade coolness for total area in this case.

As usual I am, for the most part, quite miserable. I've sort of begun the online dating thing (Hot or Not and Lavalife) again in earnest and so far I'm having limited success. Things were going quite well (or so I thought) with one young lady, but it seems to have taken a turn for the worst. At first she seemed quite open to at least the possibility of a nice casual drink or something, but suddenly that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. This is after I stayed up chatting with her until the wee hours on several occasions. I don't know where I went wrong, but I'm sure I'll analyze it until it drives me insane. I may have found another definite maybe (I hope) and pray that I don't fuck this one up and at least get the chance at something, ANYTHING. I'm not asking for marriage, all I want is a shot at buying them a drink. It's not much but to me it would mean the world.

I've agreed to see a concert with a friend tomorrow, she's actually someone I wrote about here before on several occasions and am too lazy to link to. We went out a few times (I think they were dates) but nothing ever came of that, however it does look like we've become friends, which is not such a bad deal I suppose. In fact I actually think she's more into me than I am her, something I find remarkable. Anyways, we're going to see the band OneRepublic who are best known for the semi-decent song "Apologize" (featuring Timbaland). That song isn't so bad, but I've just listened to some of their other stuff and it's pretty bad. Plus it's at a venue with no seats. Who the hell thought that up? She did say she'd buy me lunch though (I payed last time) so I guess it's not a total loss.

Finally on a very random note, I really like the song "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter" by Herman's Hermits. Some people might consider it just a trite oldie, but I really think it's a quite moving little number with a really heartfelt vocal from Peter Noone. Yeah it's just a song, but somehow he really manages to put some real emotion into it, this great sense of melancholy heartbreak. And he was only 17 when he sang it! That little bitch David Archuleta couldn't even come close to this. This is real singing. If you're not familiar with it (shame on you) or haven't heard it in a while, give it a spin and listen to a fine vocalist who understands that there's more to singing than being loud and trying to stretch notes beyond the point of reason.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

basically there's two reasons you can't get a chic:

a)you are ugly

b)you are gay

June 10, 2008 8:03 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

It's spelled 'chick' not 'chic' first of all.

Secondly, you have way too much free time on my hands and as much as I sometimes hate my life, you actually make me feel better about myself. I could be worse off. I could be you.

Feel free to spend more of your spare time (which you seem to have lots of) with these sad little comments if you wish. I on the other hand have grown quite weary and will no longer pay them any mind.

June 10, 2008 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, just tryin to help you out. and just so you know, your life will not change until you do something about said reasons a) and b) Obviously your life is not where you want it to be (as per the posts in this blog) but seems as if you're doing nothing about it, only wading around in this pool of self-sorrow. Keep in mind, this is someone you know. I am sick and tired of your self destructive bs actions, please stop whining, & pouring over the exrutiating minutia of your sad life and do something about it.
And Definitely get rid of that poor excuse for a photo of yourself. You look chubby and like a very unpleasant person... maybe try some different lighting, cuz it looks like you're bloated or something.
Go with Christ...

June 11, 2008 1:10 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

WHA HA HA HA!! You're trying to help me out? By what, insulting me? At least try and be consistent with your trolling. Lord, are you full of shit.

Saying that I can't get girls because I'm ugly and gay is, in no way, trying to help. Neither is calling me unpleasant or chubby...I especially love the last one, because I'm 5'10" and about 170 with nary any body fat. Pretty much any other insult might have had a chance at succeeding but you really picked the wrong one here, bucko.

And stop claiming to be someone I know, you're also full of shit on that one. I know damned well you're not.

Finally I have changed my mind on one thing. Post further if you wish, I'll just delete it. Go and start your own blog if you want about how much you hate me. I guarantee I won't care in the slightest if you do, however.

June 12, 2008 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker