Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh summer, why do you hate me so?!

No real reason for a lack of updates lately, other than the fact I've been working a lot over the last little bit. Same pathetic jobs, ones which are probably beneath me and certainly not worth the five years and thousands of dollars I invested into higher education. But I've yet to even get cracking on a proper resume so I guess there's no immediate end in sight, regardless of how much I hate them. I suppose they pay the bills, which I actually do have, believe it or not. Plus were it not for them (no money = no booze) I'd probably be sober right now, which is something I don't care to even think about.

Furthermore, I don't really have anything exciting to talk about. I guess if I tried I could go through the news and comment on various issues from politics to sports to the price of gas to the useless and quirky. But it's all been done before and I'm sure you all know by now pretty much where I'd stand on any given topic. Go ahead, skim through the paper and pick one at random. Then just try to imagine what I'd have to say about it. I bet you that whatever comes to mind probably wouldn't be too far off from actuality.

Also have precious little to look forward to in the next little while. Am working quite a lot for the next week or so, more than I'd like to. Again it's nice to be earning at least some money, but it leaves me little time for to get cracking on my resume / 'real job' search (ha!) and also less time for the endless self-pity to which I'm accustomed. Okay, perhaps avoiding that last part is a good thing but I really do need to get on with things...ever been stuck in a rut? Well this may be the rut to end all ruts. Need to get out....NOW!!...........

....it didn't happen. I'm still here.

Oh, I just remembered something. Seeing that awful concert on Sunday (OneRepublic and some other bands I know even less about) also got me quite down. There were oh-so-many really hot young women at the show and I'm pretty sure that a great many of them go there with the vain thoughts of "oh, if I tart myself up all nice, I'm sure one of the guys in the band will notice me and want to sleep with me". Or something like that. I'm sure I'm not too far off. I miss that one, brief, fleeting moment that I was in a band. So long as you're on stage and playing rock music, there will be attractive women who will want to fuck you, no matter how much you suck or how ugly you are. It gave me hope and it was nice. Now I have to try to get by on whatever charm and confidence I can muster. Plus I have to make the effort to look as good as I can. That's also not easy. Every five minutes I worry about how I look and as I've said (one of my better quotes) "there is a fine line between vanity and insecurity and I'm not quite sure upon which side I fall". But if you've been paying any attention, I think you can figure it out for yourself.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn right you're ugly... not only that, you are a bigtime wuss, just wasting your time writing in this godforaken blog and sucking on the breast of mainstream media. Real women will sense this and not pay you any mind... so either lower your standards or get off the couch and better your life! Go with Christ. seeya next week

June 13, 2008 12:39 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Seriously Anonymous, what is your problem?

If you know Mike personally, then you are a fist-class asshole for being nice to his face and such an unbelieveable asshat under the protection of cyberspace. If you don't know him personally, then what the hell does it matter to you what he writes about on his blog?

If you're calling him a bigtime wuss, wasting time writing his blog.... do you not also fall into the same category for wasting your time commenting on his blog? And, by remaining anonymous while proclaiming that you do, in fact, know him, are you not even more of a 'bigtime wuss' than you say he is?

June 13, 2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Ha, don't even worry about it, Daphne. Just ignore him, that's what I plan on doing.

And it's not someone I know seeing as I don't know anyone from Seattle. Ignore the sad little troll, he'll go away. If not, I'll just happily delete his posts, it's as easy as that!

June 13, 2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Crap. I hate when I notice spelling mistakes in my writing - and I hate even more that Blogger won't let me edit my comment.

Of course, I meant "first-class", not "fist-class".

June 14, 2008 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive me for trying to turn this guy's life around. I wouldn't even care, but I am in a position right now where I constantly am hearing about icarus's woes, and I am compelled to do something about it. So do me a favor icarus, if you choose to continue on in your life of mediocrity, then at least spare those around you the pain of hearing you bitch and moan about how your life sucks, ok honey?

June 15, 2008 3:52 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 15, 2008 11:06 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I hardly think your harsh and decidedly unhelpful comments are intended to help him turn his life around. I would never recommend you as a therapist.
And again, if it really bothers you to to hear about his woes, then why read his blog regularly?

June 15, 2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Quite right, Daphne. If you think that any of what you've said has been in the least bit helpful, you're delusional.

If you don't want to hear my constant grousing and complaining, don't read my blog, anonymous person I don't know. Got it, sugar tits?

June 15, 2008 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it. looks like you're not ignoring me after all.

and what a suprise, another reference to mainstream media.

dude, if you don't act now, in 10 years you're going to think back on this and wish you had listened to me. MARK MY WORDS.

I am not just some random person. No anonymous person would take this much time out of their lives to visit this blog. I am someone who interacts with you regularly, that is Sick and tired of your BS.

go with christ

June 16, 2008 2:46 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Indeed I have decided to ignore you (or delete your posts) because I find this sort of amusing, at least for the time being. This is all actually pretty funny, how some completely random person is so hard up for attention that he or she is making such an effort to troll another random person's blog.

The fact that you claim to interact with me regularly is amazing, considering you live in Seattle Washington, which is well over 2000 miles from where I live!

June 17, 2008 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker