Sunday, September 07, 2008

Well, fuck

There goes the 2008 NFL season as far as I'm concerned. An NFL season without its brightest star just doesn't seem as if it will have the same glitter. Hopefully I'm wrong.



















If not it's again just one fewer thing for me to look forward to in my miserable life. Lord knows I need all the distractions I can get. I really can't afford to spend more on drugs than I already am. Shit.

At least the baseball playoffs will be coming up soon and while it looks as though my beloved Blue Jays will (once again) be sitting this October out (despite their recent 'too little too late' hot streak) at least the evil New York Yankees will be as well. I can take some solace in that. Let's see how many of their fair weather fans jump ship. Going to see the Jays play the Yankees down at the Rogers Centre is always frustrating because of all the supposed New York fans who show up (90% poseurs no doubt) to cheer on the evil empire. With any hope a losing season or two will inspire these 'sports fans' to take off their pinstripe jerseys and place them in the back of their closet alongside all the late 1990s Chicago Bulls gear they once wore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"An NFL season without it's brightest star"... oh my God, did something happen to Eli Manning?

(heart) Coop

September 08, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Er no, I'm referring to a someone who has performed as a world class QB for more than a month and a half long stretch.

September 09, 2008 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker