Friday, June 06, 2008

Now back to business

Well that was quite something. As an obsessive compulsive list maker I've come up with quite a few here over the years, most of them usually having to do with music. There was the list of great Cold War songs and TV themes and Christmas songs plus the hottest women ones I did a could of time. Most were pretty much a simple top-ten with the exception of the Best Songs of the 1980s I did way back when, one which I'd probably revise quite heavily if I were to redo it. But this Top 100 Films of All-Time was pretty hardcore and I think that I'll take it easy on the list-making for now. At any rate I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Anyways things fucking suck. To get back to my miserable life, I have been completely miserable as of late. All my marks are in and as far as I can tell, I have now semi-officially graduated university. I say 'semi' because I suppose it's not official, i.e. I don't have anything in writing, a diploma or whatever. I have all the number of credits I need and am quite confident that I have all the bases covered in regards to having completed my major and two minors, plus the distribution (science and social-science) credits I need. I truly don't give a shit about going to any sort of convocation, I just want my damned diploma. I suppose I have to fill something in or make some sort of declaration or request or something but I'm not sure how it works. I should get on that. Again I just want it in writing that I finally have my lousy B.A. from the University of Toronto. Then I can make my next move, take the next step, whatever.

And what would that be?

I need a job. Great. Like a real job. One which at least somewhat justifies the five years and thousands of dollars I've spent on this. I'm certainly not expecting great things right away but at the very least I need to start turning a profit. But of course I have no idea what to do, no idea where to even start? Of course I'm sure you've all gone through this but that doesn't really help me out...I have no idea where to even start. Nice! So for now I'm just going to drink.

Yet amazingly all this isn't even what's getting me the most down. Yeah there's something else, something I haven't really focused on for quite a while but is now starting to weigh ever more heavily on my mind. What is that thing? I'm sure you could probably guess if you tried but seeing as this post is running long, I'll save it for next time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're debating whether or not to come out of the closet, right?

June 06, 2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

You should talk. I'm not the one stalking some random guy's blog. Pretty creepy and sad if you ask me.

June 06, 2008 6:10 PM  
Blogger Natmac said...

Congrats on getting your B.A.

I agree with what Daphne said in a previous comment, in that you should write something and submit it around to magazines, etc. Maybe start a career freelance writing?

Something to think about.

June 06, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Again, that's really not such a bad idea, seeing as I actually do enjoy writing and it's one of the things I actually give myself credit for being quite good at.

However the problem remains that there are surely countless other people who are also good writers and what's more, I have no actual credentials, no formal training, no experience, no connections and most importantly, no idea how I'd even begin to go about with something like that.

Plus I'd like to start turning some sort of profit ASAP and have a hunch that freelance writing might not exactly cut it in that respect.

June 08, 2008 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker